May 30, 2010

Ride your idols senseless

Posted by Liamers At 7:28 PM 3 comments
  Say whaaaat!! But yes, have you ever listened to a song by your favourite artist and you ust thought, "Man I just love to ride that!" ...well now you can with Audiosurf! Yes of course audiosurf, what did ye think I was talking about.

For those of you who dont know, audiosurf is a game which allows you to  ride your music in a way that is somewhat similiar to Dance Dance Revolution.To play this game you need to buy it or get it by 'other means'. Once you load the game, you choose your difficulty easy, medium and hard, and also the type of game. Persoanlly, I play the mono type on medium level.

The aim of the gameis to collect as many colourd blocks as possible and avoid hitting the grey blocks which hinder your coloured block collection ability, thus reducing your score. For every coloured block you collect you get a point, then at the end of the game, your total score can be posted on a worldwide scoreboard where you can compete with other riders of idols.

to give you a better idea of what I am talking about, here is a video of me playing:



As you can see, with the right song, you can get a kickass track, mixed with a great song added with blowing neon colours. Its a full body sensual experiance. Not onlt is it an insanely addicting game, but it can also heald with your hand eye coordination and stuff. A warning though...it is insanely addictive so be prepared. I love this game and as you can see, I sometimes record my progress and show it off to the youtube world.

Overall it enhances to music experience, your not just listening to it, you are riding in and on the music, making you appreciate the different layering and stuff thats put  into the music. Not only do you play it and thats that, but its also uploads your played music to your Last.Fm account which is always handy. So give it a try and let me know what you think, but done blame me when you get addicted. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

3 comments:

  1. Brian says:

    This game is seriously awesome. Used to play it all the time at work! :-)

  1. ave00 says:

    http://footbolowka.blogspot.com/

  1. I prefer the Japanese music, but that audio surf song was amazing. Keep up the good work. Also if you have any more dance songs like that let me know, so I can play them.

    Korean songs aren't so bad after All ^^.

    http://strategygamingandjapaneseculture.blogspot.com/